The 2017 regulatory return open for submissions from Monday 3 July – Thursday 31 August 2017.
Every licensed crowdfunding and peer-to-peer lending provider is required to complete and submit an annual regulatory return. The return is a series of questions about your business and how your licensed service is used. Licensees will need to submit their first return to us by 31 August 2017, for the 12 months to 30 June.
You will be able to submit your return through our eServices portal from Monday 3 July.
The information you provide us through the annual return helps the FMA, so we can:
- better understand your business and the services you offer
- ensure the information we have on your business is current
- focus our monitoring activities more effectively.
To complete your return you will need:
A RealMe login and an FSP number.
We also recommend before starting you:
- familiarise yourself with the questions you will be asked for your service (see below)
- start collating that information.
How to submit your return
- Login from Monday 3 July to our e-services portal by clicking on www2.e-services.fma.govt.nz/. If clicking on the link does not take you to the portal please copy or type the link on your browser and open it.
- Click 'Login' at the top right corner of the screen.
- On the next screen in the white box, type in your RealMe login details. If this is the first time you have logged into our new online system, you will be asked to create a new profile which includes your name, email address and phone number.
- On the next screen click on ‘All Forms’, then ‘Crowdfunding return’ or Peer-to-Peer return’ – whichever is correct for your business. This will take you through to the start of the questions.